Jan 9, 2014

i've been slacking.

The past few months have been pretty CRAZY with getting things together for Christmas, the New Year, and now classes starting again! I have been thinking about ideas for upcoming posts, but would love for any of my readers to email me or comment suggestions for things you guys would like to see on the blog!
A few quick updates on the college piece- I have been accepted into 9 universities so far! I am waiting to hear back from my three reaches: Trinity College, Emory University and UNC-Chapel Hill. I definitely do NOT recommend that any other senior EVER apply to so many colleges OR so many scholar programs and honors colleges ever again. This semester was the most stressful and nerve-wracking time of my life, but I am proud of all of the work I accomplished! I made it through finals, and ended up with A's in all of my courses, despite the weight of college apps. Luckily, break was more relaxing, and I was able to spend a lot of time volunteering at One World Market! We not only had a great December, but a great 2013 overall! One of the many things I love about volunteering at One World Market is seeing so many members of my community supporting Fair Trade! It is AWESOME to see fellow Durhamites doing all of their Christmas shopping there!

This year I decided to "Fair Trade" my Christmas as much as possible. I only gave Fair Trade, ethical and homemade gifts to my friends and family! It was actually much easier than I expected, and everyone was very happy with their gifts.

One of my New Year resolutions is to post every TWO weeks (or more often!) Feel free to hold me to it, if I haven't posted in a few weeks, because I tend to get distracted and completely forget about my resolutions by the end of January.... But not this year!

The more I learn about new Fair Trade companies (specifically fashion ones), the more I learn about other amazing do-good companies! Today's outfit includes shoes from Swedish Hasbeens, an ethical footwear company that I just recently discovered. Click here to learn more about these super fab and sustainable shoes!

Below is an outfit of my favorite BLUE Fair Trade items!


beautiful in blue


Shoulder bag
ssekodesigns.com


Button Boot - Swedish Hasbeens
$250 - swedishhasbeens.com


Tunic
symbologyclothing.com


Gold bracelet
matatraders.com



Handmade Earrings - Blue Crush earrings - Fair Trade Fashion | Mata...
matatraders.com



Fair Trade love always,

 Catie


1 comment:

  1. The end of 2013 really was crazy! Glad you're back -- hope to see you soon when all the madness dies down!

    ReplyDelete